08/07/2013

Death by Chocolate: Chocolate Valentino Cake


As stated many times before, my addiction to chocolate knows no boundaries. I don't know where it comes from, or for how long it's been going on, but as far as I can remember, I've been enjoying, seeking, longing for chocolate in one form or an other. And thru difficult times, nothing works quite as good for me as some good dark chocolate.

So yes summer is here, my holidays are around the corner, I'm healthy... bla bla bla... When your mind is not into it, there is just no way of getting it there sometimes. I call that my post birthday depression, once you're over 25, all of the sudden, birthday turn into this big questionning about your achievement, where you're going with your life... All that grown up stuff I don't like. Have I mentioned I'm a cancer before, and that we are all kinds of nutcases?

Anyway, I'm going to shake this of, and one good way is heading to the kitchen and baking something. This chocolate cake is ridiculously delicious, is only for true chocolate lovers, because it just taste like pure chocolate... Choose your favorit chocolate for this recipe, and remember chocolate is the answer!

Chocolate Valentino Cake (From Chef Wan's Sweet Treats)


450gr of Black Chocolate (I used Meunier)
150gr of Butter
5 Eggs

Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease a 20cm oven dish, line it with parchement paper and butter it again.

Break the chocolate into small bits, add the butter into cubes into a heatproof bowl. You can melt this over a "bain-marie", meaning over simmering water, or the lazy way: in the microwave. On low power, never over 30 seconds each time and whisk in between, this should be done in 3 or 4 times. Leave to cool a little.

Separate the egg white and yolk, whip the egg white to a stiff peak and seat aside. Beat the egg yolk a little to add some air to them and whisk them in the cooled chocolate/butter mixture.

Using a spatula, fold in a third of the egg white to soften the batter, than add the rest of the egg white, carefull fold until it's well combined.

Pour the batter into the greased dish and place it in the oven for 25-30minutes, the top should be like a brownie and a cake tester should come out wet.

Leave it to cool for at least 10 minutes then unmold. You can enjoy this with a bit of whipped cream flavored with vanilla sugar.

1 commentaire:

  1. G'day! Who does not LOVE a chocolate cake, true!
    it is only brekkie here, but I could go for a slice of this now and love your photo too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    What's On The List
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net

    RépondreSupprimer